The Worthington Small Business Assistance Grant Program is designed to provide assistance to small businesses that have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications will be received from August 15 – September 15, 2020. At 5:00pm Central Standard Time on September 15, 2020, the application period will be closed, and award determinations will be made.
Businesses will be notified of their award status and funding amount via a letter to the mailing address listed on the submitted application. Funds will be disbursed to eligible businesses that have been awarded grant funds to the mailing address listed on the application no later than November 15, 2020.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Be a private, for-profit business with permanent physical location in Nobles County.
- The nearest municipality to the physical location must be the City of Worthington.
- Be a registered Minnesota business as of March 13, 2020.
- Be in good standing with the City of Worthington and Nobles County as of September 15, 2020.
- Employ the equivalent of 50 or fewer full-time workers or full-time equivalents. Be able to demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Financial hardship is defined as 10% revenue loss year-over-year between March 1 and May 31, 2019 vs. 2020 or Restriction from operating above 50% capacity by executive orders related to COVID-19.
- rent or mortgage payments
- utility bills
- other similar expenses that occur or have occurred since March 1, 2020, in the regular course of business
- All funds must be used exclusively for operations of the business located at the physical address listed on the application.
Applications & Resources
- Solicitud del programa de subvención (Beca o Premio) de asistencia para pequeñas empresas de Worthington
- Programa de subvenciones (Becas o Premios) de asistencia para pequeñas empresas de Worthington
- Worthington Small Business Assistance Grant Program Application
- Worthington Small Business Assistance Grant Program