Worthington offers a wide variety of recreational pursuits for all seasons, from water skiing to snowmobiling, ball games to car races.
Worthington is built around 776-acre Lake Okabena. Public beaches are located at Centennial Park and Slater Park, with boat landings at Ehlers, Slater, Sunset and Centennial parks. All manner of water sports are enjoyed on Lake Okabena, boating, canoeing, waterskiing, personal watercraft, windsurfing, and fishing.
- Fishing and game licenses are available at the Nobles County License Center, 315 10th Street, Ace Hardware, 1131 Oxford Street, Runnings, 1727 Oxford Street, and Wal-Mart, 1055 Ryan's Road.
- Lake Ocheda is located just south of Worthington and is accessible to the public at Pickerel Point, two miles south on County Road 6, and at Sportsmens Park, three miles south on County Road 5. Ocheda is a long, shallow lake/wetlands area for waterfowl and fish.
- Lake Bella Recreation Area, a 40-acre site which has been developed along the east shore above the dam for picnicking, fishing, swimming and camping. A boat landing, with picnic shelter and rest rooms are also located here. Approximately 11 miles south of Worthington.
Beach Nook Rentals
Kayaks (single and double), canoes, and paddle boards are available to be rented at The Beach Nook! These items were donated by the Lake Okabena Improvement Association from the monies they received from the Radio Works Beach Bash!
- Canoe - $5 per hour
- Single Kayak - $7 per hour
- Double Kayak - $8 per hour
- Paddleboards - $8 per hour
- Ice Arena: Hockey and ice skating from October through March. Located at 1600 Stower Avenue. Phone 507-376-5252.
- Bike Path: Over 7.5 miles of on and off street bike paths in and around Worthington, including around Lake Okabena.
- Multi-use Trail: Explore over 7 miles of combined groomed trails at Olson Park Campground, Minnesota West Community & Technical College and the former Prairie View Golf Course. The winter trail is a non-motorized recreational snow trail used for snow shoes, fat tire bikes and cross country skiing.
- Soccer: Newly renovated fields located at Buss Field on Sherwood Street. Adult and youth leagues available through the Worthington Area YMCA. Call 507-376-6197 for more information.
- Tennis: Minnesota West Campus, Worthington Middle School, and at Pleasant and Milard-Walker City Parks.
- YMCA: Basketball, fitness center, indoor track, two basketball courts, child care center, variety of fitness classes, indoor/outdoor pool, rock wall.
- Softball: Centennial Park fields.
- Baseball: Centenial Park, Worthington Middle School and Minnesota West campus.
- Horseshoe Pit: Chautauqua park.
- Pickel Ball Court: Outdoor court located on Clary Street near the skate park. Indoor courts located at the Center for Active Living.
- Windsurfing: Lake Okabena benefits from the 200-mile, elevated Buffalo Ridge deflects winds toward the lake often at speeds of 15 or more knots, ideal conditions for windsurfing.
- Disc Golf: Sunset Bay Disc Golf Course is located off of County Road 10 (South Crailsheim Road) at the South end of Olson Campground. This course has 18 holes and begins in a mowed area progressing into a more rustic area.
- GreatLife Golf & Fitness Worthington: Public club with 18-hole course, driving range, locker rooms, cart storage and rental. Also includes a fitness center, swimming pool and Duffers Bar & Grill.
- Archery: Southwest Minnesota Bowbenders Club welcomes all ages to their indoor target range. Instruction and equipment is available at the indoor facility. Located one mile south on Plotts Avenue.
- Worthington Gun Club: Trap shooting range. Located two miles north of Worthington on Highway 59. Pistol and rifle range available by membership only.
- Hunting: Great deer and pheasant. Waterfowl hunting in State Wildlife Management areas, State Scientific and Natural Areas and National Waterfowl Production Areas. Check with license sales for maps for information.
- Fishing: Fishing is great on 785-acre Lake Okabena. Fish caught are Walleye, Northern Pike, Yellow Perch, Crappie, Channel Catfish and Sunfish.
- Ice Fishing: See the tiny buildings on the ice and people in winter garb huddling near a hole in the ice, it's a sure sign of ice fishing. Lake Okabena, Round, East and West Graham Lakes almost guarantee a catch through the ice.
- Snowmobiling: The 150-plus miles of Nobles County trails interconnect with trails in nearby areas giving a great ride.
- Outdoor Ice Rink: Located at Centennial Park near Clary Street. Wintertime Ice Rink and summertime street hockey.
- Bristol - Playground equipment
- Cherry Point - playground equipment, basketball
- Church - sand volleyball, basketball, playground equipment, shelter house
- Freedom Veterans Memorial Park - gazebo, veterans pavers.
- Hogan's Park Intercity - playground equipment
- Kelly - playground equipment
- Millard-Walker - vollyball, basketball, shelter house, playground equipment
- Orchard Knoll - volleyball
- Pirtle - playground equipment
- Pleasant - playground equipment
- Southeast Side - softball
- Centennial - boat landing, rest rooms, picnic area, shelter house, swimming beach, sand volleyball, basketball, playground equipment and new splash pad
- Chautauqua - shelter house, picnic area, rest rooms, band shell, horseshoes, basketball, playground equipment
- Ehlers - boat landing, shelter house, playground equipment
- Freedom Shore - Freedom Veteran's Memorial, gazebo
- Lakefront / Sailboard Beach - Beach, picnic area, windsurfing launch point, and fishing area
- Ludlow - Shelter house, picnic area, playground equipment
- Olson - camping and electrical hookups, shower and rest room facilities, shelter house, picnic area, playground equipment
- Slater - Shelter house, playground equipment, boat landing, swimming beach
- Sunset - boat landing, fishing pier (handicap-accessible), shelter house
- Vogt - swimming beach, picnic area